Friday, January 3, 2020

Virgo Findings

Greetings Stargazers! Happy New Year to all as, in Chinese Astrology, we move from Year of the Earth Pig to Year of the Metal Rat. Interesting eh?

As usual, I have loaded up my trusty jet pack with Earl Grey and am hovering over the constellation of Virgo.

As mentioned in my last post, I have chosen to act and reflect on the Virgo trait, "Having a routine can help prioritize mental energy," within the last week.

I have to say, most of what I learned was incredibly helpful.

In order to embrace the routine, I did what was closest to living routinely in my Leonine world-making a list, at the begining of each day.

The list mainly consisted of things that I needed to do (laundry, looking for work, physical therapy exercises) along with things I could do (take a walk, have a discursive meditation session, draw, read).

Overall, having the list helped me to live each day fully and do as much as possible with those days.

Unlike Virgo, I can be incredibly disorganized and haphazard. When I have a day off, or a moment to myself,  I usually ask myself as to what I want to do with the day only to come to some sort of an answer two hours later. By the time I get to the activity, the day is halfway over.

When the day is winding down, I'm quite the typical fire sign. I usually complain that I haven't really seized the day, in doing everything I wanted.

Making a list minimized the dreaded question, "So, what shall I do today?" or "What shall I do this instant?" I merely added what I had wanted to do along with what I needed to do, before the day was over. All that I had to do was look the list over.

Overall, the list had kept me from wasting time (i.e binge watching Frasier re-runs), so I could come close to completing my screenplay, or try my hand at drawing human figures (an enjoyable activity, by the by) or going to an indoor pool to conquer a fear of water. All of this with looking for work.

The only drawback with living this routine was the fact that there were days where I felt a little restricted. I could see where Virgo could box themselves up a bit, considering that spontaneity is the bane of their existence.

There were times where I had to remind myself to do what I could, since my day was coming close to, "Stop looking at jobs by 13:00. 17:00 promptly: take a walk.  Follow up with reading at 18:00 sharp! Don't forget your Yule candle. Go to bed by 22:00."

I not only had to omit times but add spontaneity to the routine by simply getting to things when I could. Close to the end of the week, I simply had to live with the fact that some items on my list (i.e. going to Manitou Incline) simply had to wait for another time, another day.

My conclusion would make a Virgo a little irritated: We're only human and can do so much.

While many fire signs would have found routine a little boring, routine freed me up a bit and had allowed to focus on what's important.

Whether it's living in the grown up world or self care, Virgo's message to me, was,  "Every day is an important day to live. One has to be open and ready to what awaits."

For the next week, I'll revolve around to the next Mutable sign of the zodiac: the airy and fun filled sign of Gemini (as with Virgo, ruled by Mercury).

The Geminian trait I will be focusing on is brought to you by Marianna Sharktooth of Thought Catalogue. It's from her article "20 Irreplacable Life Lessons I've Learned from my Gemini Mom." The trait of, "Having fun is obligatory in every aspect of your life," resounded rather heavily with me. Especially since I just started to suffer from Depression, just way out of the blue (no pun intended), since the Holidays.

As always, don't forget to look up at the stars.

Holly Moley! Is that Mercury joining the Sun, Saturn, Jupiter and Pluto in Capricorn?! It's no wonder why everything and everyone is so serious and hounded by matters related to careers. Poor Capricorn. He has a heavy load of planetary energy to deal with.

Hang in there, dear goat. This too shall pass. Hang in there Stargazers. This burden shall pass, in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment